The Malaysian Primary Care Research Group (MPCRG) was formed in September 2004 under the auspices of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia. It was initiated by a small group of primary care researchers with the aim to promote research in primary care.
The research group is represented by clinicians and academicians from both public and private sectors. Since then, the group has grown from strength to strength.
The MPCRG aims to:
1. Build research capacity by training primary care researchers.
2. Facilitate primary care research networking.
3. Develop and share research resources (bibliography, links to research resources.
4. Provide a platform for dissemination and collaboration of primary care research.
5. Generate evidence to enhance primary care research.
The Current Committee Members MPCRG
Assoc. Prof Dr Verna Lee Kar Mun
Assoc. Prof Dr Lee Ping Yein
Dr Iliza Idris
Dr Sheela Bai
Prof Dr Nor Azimah
Prof Dr Tong Seng Fah
Dr Adina Abdullah
Prof Dr Ng Chirk Jenn
Prof Dr Khoo Ee Ming