Abstracts Submission Instructions
General Information and Rules (Posters and Oral Presentations)
1. Please supply personal details. Full name of all others must be in upper and lower case.
2. The abstract must be written in English.
3. All abstracts must be submitted online via the Abstract Submission Form link by 30th September 2022.
4. The submitted abstract must be original and has not been presented or published elsewhere. However, abstracts that have been presented in local conferences can be considered.
5. A panel of reviewers will assess all abstracts independently.
6. The scientific committee reserves the right to make the final decision about the acceptance of the abstract and the mode of presentation (oral/poster presentation).
7. Once the abstract has been accepted, the presenting author must pay the registration fee by 15th November 2022 and attend the meeting online.
8. Failure to register and pay for the conference after the dateline will disqualify the accepted abstracts from the competition as well as publication in the journal.
9. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors approve the content of the abstract before submission.
10. All accepted abstracts will be published in the Malaysian Family Physician journal, a peer-reviewed journal that is indexed by PubMed Central, Proquest, Scopus, DOAJ, EMCare, Open J-Gate, MyAIS, WPRIM, Google Scholar.
11. A total of 36 abstracts will be selected for oral presentations and compete for the prestigious Rajakumar Award and 2 best runner-up awards for oral presentation. There is also competition for the best 3 poster awards.
Call for abstract
All abstracts must be submitted by: 30th September 2022
Authors will be notified about the outcome of their submission through email by: 01st November 2022
All presenters must register and confirm the payment by: 15th November 2022
PREPARATION OF PRESENTATIONS
Instructions for preparation of posters and oral presentation will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
GUIDELINE ON HOW TO PREPARE THE ABSTRACT
1. The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be written in English
2. The abstract must be prepared in Microsoft Word format using Arial font style with a font size 12 for the title and font size 10 for the rest of the abstract.
3. Each abstract should contain the following subheadings:
b. Authors and affiliation
c. Presenting author & email
4. Abstracts must not contain photographs, tables or figures.
5. We also welcome abstracts which present interesting research ideas, concepts and educational programmes. However, these abstracts will not be eligible for competition for the oral or poster awards.